Chymotrypsin (Chymoral Forte) Adverse Drug Event: Diarrhoea in Exclusively Breastfed Neonates
A healthy full term newborn delivered by Caesarean Section was seen at two weeks of age with complaints of diarrhoea. He was on exclusive breastfeeding since birth. Mother was receiving enzymes Chymoral and Serratiopeptidase since caesarean ostensibly to ‘speed up ‘wound healing’ and to ‘reduce stitch edema’. The mother was advised to stop the enzymes, drink more water and breast feed more often to increase the breast milk output. Second case was similar. Such drugs should not be prescribed or prescribed only for three to five days, and, not for such a long time.
2. Chymoral forte side Effects. https://dorays.com/blog/chymoral-forte-tablet/ [assessed 5Apr2021]
3. Chymoral forte side Effects. https://pharmeasy.in/online-medicine-order/chymoral-forte-strip-of-20-tablets-40467#sideEffecs [assessed 5Apr2021]
4. Chymotrypsin side effects. https://www.verywellhealth.com/chymotrypsin-health-benefits-5093038 [assessed 5Apr2021]
5. Chymotrypsin side effects. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-405/chymotrypsin [assessed 5Apr2021]
6. Chymotrypsin. https://www.rxlist.com/chymotrypsin/supplements.htm [assessed 5Apr2021]
7. Chymotrypsin. https://www.sastasundar.com/index.php/product/generic/chymotrypsin/179 [assessed 5Apr2021]
Copyright (c) 2021 Jayendra R Gohil, Drashty K Gandhi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.